Cosmetic dentistry differs from general dentistry in that most cosmetic dentistry procedures focus on enhancing the appearance of an person along with the quality of the teeth. Yet cosmetic dentistry also provides the added advantage of enhancing the overall dental health. Ultimately, you’ll experience a greater sense of health after a cosmetic dentistry operation that enhances your smile and increases your confidence. Learn more by visiting Chanhassen Family Dentistry.
Throughout recent years, in the area of cosmetic dentistry, many new developments and revolutionary methods have occurred. Improving how the operations are done makes them much safer for both the dentist and the patient. The modern techniques have also helped to improve recovery time and make it easier for the patient to be relaxed and confident during the operation. Also, many of the procedures can be performed in a single day, sometimes in as few hours.
Popular Dental Cosmetics Products
- Teeth whitening-one of the most common forms of cosmetic dentistry, this treatment is used to treat white teeth that have been discolored by smoking, excessive ingestion of beverages such as tea and coffee, other tooth and enamel that harm food and drink or poor oral hygiene.
- A smile makeover-this is an exploratory approach that begins with a consultation on which cosmetic dentistry procedure(s) are recommended to improve the teeth and smile of an individual.
- Indirect fillings-also known as inlays and onlays, indirect fillings are built to ensure filling is more robust. These are usually made of porcelain or other synthetic materials, and are constructed in a laboratory before being placed in a person’s mouth.
- Dental veneers-made of composite materials or porcelain, veneers are bonded to a tooth that appears damaged or discolored, preserving the tooth ‘s appearance and helping prevent further damage. Can use veneers to eliminate a wide gap between teeth.
- Dental implants-Dental implants are used to replace the teeth that have been lost or damaged. Usually, the artificial implants are attached to the jawbone and can help restore and enhance the smile and appearance of a individual, as well as allow the person to have a more relaxed bite. And now with computer-guided dental implants, one visit to your dentist will produce excellent results!
- Composite bonding-somewhat similar to veneers, this procedure helps repair and restore teeth that have been chipped or cracked, or have decay. Molding a composite material around a cavity or damaged part of the tooth results in a more solid, smoother look.