A successful website design ensures visitors can easily find the information they came to seek. The design has to be such that the information is emotionally appealing, functioning structurally and visually pleasing. Besides pleasing the user, the architecture of the website should also be equally attractive to search engines such that they place the website on top of the search results. It is really challenging to please both humans and search engines, as they all have specific criteria. The trick lies in being able to integrate the requirements of both human-approved website design as well as search engines.Have a look at Website Design San Antonio to get more info on this.
Website designs are of three types of websites, namely static, dynamic, or CMS, and e-commerce. Choosing the nature of the website depends on the form of company and the business owners’ specifications. Each of these designs for websites can be constructed on different platforms. For more information on each type of website design and the platforms used, please read on.
- Static architecture of website-
If you need only a few pages on your website and don’t want to alter the content, the best option is to use a static template. The knowledge on a static platform remains the same because over the span of time there are no improvements occurring. Static websites are designed in both HTML and CSS. They are very easy to develop and can be indexed easily by search engines. However when it comes to completing complex tasks they are weak. Another big drawback is the need to manually edit obsolete websites, and this is a time-consuming and monotonous process.
- CMS Site Building Trends-
Complex architecture of websites may include complex details. This means that the information on the website would be automatically updated based on a few criteria, depending on changes that occur. A responsive web architecture is typically based on sites to handle content such as WordPress, Joomla etc. The only downside is that it is challenging to create this sort of website and is not readily indexed by search engines as well. The numerous CMS systems developed on with such diverse websites are
- Drupal- The open source content management platform Drupal is built and used by a lot of very active people around the world. It is a free program that can be used to build website of any kind.
- Joomla- It is a rather common content management framework that is often used for companies , small enterprises and major organizations. Creation of a website using Joomla as a platform is very easy.
- WordPress-WordPress is perhaps the simplest and most popular website to use for free. You can find a lot of plugins to make sure you have your dreams website. WordPress is really simple to use and you can even modify website details without becoming a gurus in HTML.
- Website on e-commerce-
You might want to consider an e-commerce website if you run an online business and the website involves sales. A strong interface stays untouched and allows you to take control of all the website’s technological aspects. There are plenty of sites to pick from for e-commerce. Below are a few discussed.
- Magneto- It’s a good consideration when you’re a newbie with the intention of jumping into online magneto sales. Free, magneto is open source and therefore has several extensions. Magneto is ready for SEO too, ensuring you have very little work to do.
- OsCommerce- This is a very common application, simple to install and operate with. The popularity makes it a very common downside platform. However, you get a variety of add-ons to render the website exclusive using osCommerce, which can quickly do the trick.
- OpenCart- This is a free platform with the benefit of being able to sell unlimited products in a number of different categories.
- Volusion- While it has a limited start-up award, volusion has a strong product range. The downside that it’s a host device so it can go down at any moment.