Asset labels are numbered labels attached to your valuable articles of business. With asset management software, you can also use the barcode labels. As well as the number being on a label, it is also stored by you in a log-this may be a manual log or an automatic system that uses barcodes and software for asset management.Have a look at why not find out more for more info on this.
Types if you wish to label items include: Laptops
Some things that are of great importance or require monitoring
Here are the benefits the labeling of the assets could bring:
- Seeing an I d or safety label will set off potential thieves. Labeling can be permanent and marked goods stolen thus will not be able to be sold on. Even if someone tries to tamper with the label, it will show a VOID mark or other stain, making the equipment unattractive to black market thieves or buyers.
- Knowing where all their equipment is all the time is important for many businesses-this may be for safety reasons as well as for efficiency. Use of a labeling system to locate items at a glance or by pressing a button
- When machinery maintenance is disorganized precious time and resources can be lost. Companies often misplace items, waste ages in search of them and fork out for a replacement, only for them to turn up later. Asset labels make it much easier to manage and locate the equipment.
- If you are lending items to customers, contractors or other colleagues, asset labels make co-ordinating this process much more efficient.
- It can be extremely difficult to keep track of objects if they all appear identical or similar. Where you have such assets, a system of numerical asset labels is invaluable.
- Some insurance companies insist you must prove that you own certain items before they pay out. Asset labels are evidence of ownership.