An eclectic blend of a sixth sense for culinary finesse along with creative business acumen is possibly the best success-oriented pre-requisite for an entrepreneur thinking of starting a bakery company. But, simple as it sounds, a bakery company is just not about tantalizing aromas or delectable tastes. It takes a similar amount of spadework and preparation as the other businesses do, even more at times due to the high degree of consumer demand in this sector.VISIT emicakes.com.sg
When deciding how to start a bakery company, there are a range of crucial factors one needs to examine and decide on accordingly.
The corporate strategy
The first and most important step is to set down a clear business strategy for owning a bakery. The most important aspects which the strategy will touch upon include:
1. The physical environment you want to reach
2. Nature of composition of your target clientele, including gender , age and food preferences
3. Type of bakery you want to set-up. Options may include a home-based bakery, mobile bakery shop, donut shop, franchise bakery store, ethnic bakery, etc.
4. Specific goods and items you want to sell
5. Staff needed for the bakery and how you plan to train them
6. An outline of cost of products
7. Outline of production costs
8. Clear plan for marketing
9. Basic infrastructure you might require
10. Source and sum of basic capital you plan to spend
Get a warrant
For run a commercial enterprise such as a bakery, you would need to get a license and be licensed by the state in which you are working. Lookout for associations and bodies related to the bakery industry and ensure that you have the correct memberships and affiliations from the same.
Get the tools
Whether you are pondering over how to run a small bakery or planning to establish a bigger unit, the equipment you use can determine the success of your venture to a great extent.
The most important equipment that you will require, at least for the startup includes:
1. Ovens and mixers of different powers and for handling different specialties
2. Cooling racks for handling the produce post-baking
3. Baking dishes of different dimensions and sizes
2. Mixing bowls to match products in various materials
5. Assorted utensils and cutlery
6. Attractive packaging materials
7. Extensive raw material supply
8. Cookbooks, guides and recipes booklets to keep you updated on the new trends
9. Sanitizers and other organic detergents
10. Attractive show cases for your finished items, complete with tables and chairs for your customers who may want to eat on the spot
11. Packaging content so clients can take their baked goods home
Starting a bakery company can also be a significant entrepreneurial decision. Apart from the basic training , work environment, cost of goods and other such things, one of the most important criteria is to ensure that you retain the quality of the bakery products you churn out. In addition, when adequate attention is paid to all of the above factors when planning how to start a bakery, the results are generally effective, making the venture surely a profitable one.